Sunday, January 13, 2008

To Be Fat Like Me

So here it is Sunday, and if I do say so myself, I am pretty happy with myself this week. I've made good choices for the most part and although I've been tempted many times, I have avoided giving in to it. Well, except for last night.... when I remembered the chocolate chip cookie in a tin that Santa had left me in my stocking. I ate it. I'm not going to lie. It was good! I counted the calories in my day though and although it wasn't a good choice, it didn't kill my calorie intake for the day.

Although today isn't the "official" weigh in day, I did step on the scales and I was happy with what I saw. We'll see what carries through to Tuesday and I'll let you know then.

I find that watching the food network isn't a good idea right now so I've tried not to watch too much of that. I do get inspiration from watching shows like Biggest Loser reruns, National Body Challenge, etc... so I watch those when I can. Last night I also was up real late and I watched 2 fat movies on Lifetime; "To Be Fat Like Me" and "Queen Sized". Both dealt with issues that I relate to because I grew up the fat kid in school and grew up into the fat adult. Although I've had a couple of times that I've lost weight and not been obese.... and it was in those times that I truly realized how differently I was treated as a fat person. I hate that more than I hate the fat.

Do you know it's possible to be 300+ lbs and be invisible? I've noticed that when I'm fat, salespeople, bartenders, etc. can't see me standing there waiting to be waited on. If they do see me and actually acknowledge me, it's not with a smile. However, if you're not fat, they actually smile at you and jump at the chance to help you. What's up with that? Why can I stand at a counter and no one "see" me until someone else walks up beside me and then I get waited on after they are acknowledged?

Do you know that adapting to the change of how people treat you after you've lost weight is a huge issue? Something you might want to start thinking about and preparing yourself for now.

Anyway, let's not close with that downer! I've had a great week as far as my eating goes. But, I've been so sedentary and tired... not a good thing. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I"ll be talking to her about how I've been and what I might do to help my tiredness.

I hope everyone had a great week and I look forward to reporting my weight on Tuesday. I'm trying to get my husband to actually write something for this blog but I haven't had any luck so far. Maybe soon!?

No comments: