Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Place

Tonight my husband and I added another aspect to our weight loss effort. A new class just started at our church called "First Place" so we decided to go to it. It's a Christ-centered health program for men and women of all ages. Using a support system that incorporates Bible study, Scripture, prayer and balanced eating and exercise plans First Place provides the opportunity to change your life, not only physically but spiritually and emotionally.

Being Christians, it only makes sense to look to God for help in this area of our life too. I look forward to sharing this study with my husband and adding another way for us to support and encourage each other. Plus, there are several other women in the class that I know and we can encourage each other as well.

I chose not to get on the scale there though. I figured with my husband and I weighing at home and sharing that with each other, there was no reason for me to get on the scale there too. Also, I just didn't want anyone there to know how much I weighed. Besides, that would be a night time weigh fully clothed and my "official" weigh in is on Tuesday mornings as bare as I can get!

No comments: