Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. Of course, we decided to go out and eat to celebrate our anniversary. The delima was, were we going to be good or were we going to enjoy the dinner? We ended up at Outback and I had Alice Springs Chicken with steamed veggies. Tim had Chicken, rice, veggies and salad. Both were much better choices than we would usually make. I was pleased with my choice and it was REALLY good. I honestly don't think I have enjoyed a dinner there before as much... even the veggies (which I normally don't eat!) were delicious! It's amazing what happens to the taste buds and brains after they are deprived of sweets & carbs for a very short time. Now, if I could only remember how good that dinner tasted when I want to make a poor choice I'll be doing good.
On the exercise front, so far I've done nothing today. Even my pedometer is wondering what's going on because I've logged so few steps, I'm embarrassed to tell you what they are. We are aiming for the 10,000 steps but I haven't come close yet. Tim is at 4,429 today. I work at home, so unless I go somewhere or exercise, my steps are ridiculous. Being that we live in Florida and the fact that it's COLD right now (I know - cold to me is probably shorts weather to you Northerners reading this!) I haven't been walking the past few days. To be honest, I'd rather walk in 100 degree temps than walk in 30 deg temps. I despise the cold! I'm going to do some crunches, stretches, jumping jacks & push-ups here in a few minutes though. Gotta get my husband motivated to do it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment