Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Okay - so here we go!

Today marks the first real day of our diets. Overall I did pretty well with my food choices. The biggest error I made (that I always make) is that I didn't eat breakfast. Then I got busy and didn't eat lunch. Then the next thing you know, it's 3:00 in the afternoon and I'm ready to eat whatever I can find. I ended up at the drive through of Taco Bell and ate 1/2 of a chicken quesadilla.... 260 calories. Once my son got home it was off to Karate so we were out at dinner time too and ate at Woody's. I am proud of the choice I made there though. I had a tossed salad with light dressing and a small smoked chicken thigh. Later in the evening I ended up eating the other half of the quesadilla and a little Chex mix. I know that was a bad idea.... but I promised I was going to be honest here so I'm telling. Overall though - not a horrible day.

When we got home, I told my husband we were going to do some exercises. We ended up not really doing them together though like I would have liked. I gave myself a small goal - 3 push-ups, 5 sit-ups and 10 jumping jacks to start with. The push ups were as tough as I expected. I ended up doing 10 crunches instead of full sit ups and then what came next, really surprised me. I thought the 10 jumping jacks were going to be easy, they weren't though. In my mind, they were going to be a breeze. In reality - I couldn't get my feet up off the ground... literally. But I did the 10 as best as I could while my 9 year old son watched, counted and laughed just a little. He's my self-appointed personal trainer. Once I was done with that little bit of aerobic exercise, I did some exercises with my elastic band thingy. Just some bicep and tricep stuff. Again, I was surprised a how easy my left arm wanted to give out. It felt good though to work my muscles.

You see... inside... I'm a closet, wannabe, weight lifting, running, biking, athlete!! I hope the athlete finds it's way out. I figure, if my older sister can get addicted to going to the gym and working out as well as running everyday after being sedentary til she was about 45.... so can I! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robbin, are you and your husband "officially" entering the contest by creating a MSN live spaces page? Thanks for stopping by to visit me. You can email me at sj_wells@hotmail.com if you prefer. Or visit our space at bradandsarahlyle.spaces.live.com

Keep up the good work! :)